EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – JOB ANNOUNCEMENT Leadership Prince William (LPW), a 501(c)3 leadership development organization, is looking for an experienced person who is a passionate, innovative, strong relationship builder, to perform in the role of Executive Director(E.D.).The ideal person will lead the organization in achieving its mission of advancing and connecting community leaders to enrich Prince William County. What we do: Through our ongoing leadership programs and alumni outreach, Leadership Prince William (LPW) enables and builds leaders who actively support Prince William County, Manassas, and Manassas Park. The E.D. helps us to inspire and develop leaders in our community. Our Graduates become part of and stay connected to their cohort, and a rapidly growing number of alumni and community leaders. To be a successful candidate: Our ideal E.D. person must have the ability to lead, train, and develop a committed and energetic staff (paid and/or volunteer). They must be able to ensure excellence in curriculum-based programs and strategic planning. The E.D. must maintain an effective working relationship with the LPW Board of Directors, stakeholders, sponsors, LWP Alum, and potential cohort participants. They must be able to manage the office and lead the day-to-day operations that include staff development, volunteer recruitment/management, and financial acumen/oversight. Along with the LPW Board of Regents, the E.D. will serve as the external face of LPW with the various constituency groups, including representatives from the government, nonprofit, and corporate sectors. The ideal candidate must be a skilled listener who is able to provide guidance to leaders in the community while being a strong advocate for the organization and a proponent for the resource development of LPW. Key Qualifications & Attributes: The right candidate must have past performance successfully leading the tasks below, with evidence of measurable and successful outcomes.
● Highly skilled at establishing rapport and maintaining professional relationships, this includes Leadership Engagement – Investing and inspiring others across the organization in the vision of leadership development. Creating annual goals and resource development pipelines.
● Skilled Recruitment – Ensuring a wide range of marketing strategies, and best practices are used to recruit inclusive groups of applicants for each year’s Signature Program, Emerging Leaders Program, and Summer Youth Academy.
● Highly Engaged Facilitator and Coach – Leading group workshops and coaching individual rising leaders in select topics.
● Skilled in Event Management and Oversight– Work with staff and/or volunteer teams to plan, implement, and promote various special events that engage alumni and the broader public.
● Innovative Fundraiser/Resource Development – History of leading fundraising activities and generating new revenue streams.
● Creative Marketing and Communications Planning – Experienced communicator who can successfully build/increase LPW’s following, audience, and constituents. To include leading meetings, performing high-level speaking engagements, web presence, and social media presentations that result in increased membership and community supporters.
● Ability to self-direct, think critically/problem solve, and set vision for short- and long-term LPW goals.
● Highly skilled communicator, with strong facilitation and public speaking skills.
● Ability to design, implement, and measure outcomes/results, as it pertains to org. goals.
● Experience recruiting participants for formal programs (school, training, memberships) and similar experience gaining sponsors and event volunteers.
● Ability to adhere to all aspects of a budget, while driving results and acquiring contributions, to resourcefully meet and exceed program goals.
● Ability to manage the programs and coach a high-performing team while maintaining inclusivity and a positive workplace.
● Ability to be flexible, able to work collaboratively with junior to very senior people in an entrepreneurial environment.
Essential Functions Fiscal: In close coordination with the Chair, the Treasurer, and the Finance Committee Chair, the applicant must:
● Develop, recommend, and monitor an annual budget and other budgets (events, etc.).
● Approve and track expenditures, ensuring effective bookkeeping of all finances.
● Provide proper fiscal record-keeping and reporting.
● Ensure current financial statements are available for the Executive Committee and Board each month.
● Work to identify and obtain target funding streams and funding sources; and prepare and submit grant applications and funding proposals as appropriate.
Personnel: In concert with the Board of Regents, Chair, and other designated individuals:
● Administer board-approved Human resource functions: personnel policies, hiring and termination procedures, creating a collaborative environment, overseeing any disciplinary action; Provide supervision and evaluations of staff and/or volunteers.
● Maintain a professional work environment that fosters leadership, collegiality, and professional growth.
● Assist the Board Chair in planning the agenda and materials for Executive Committee and Board meetings; and facilitate the orientation of new board members.
● Initiate and assist in developing the Strategic Plan, policy recommendations and in setting priorities, that include filling vacancies on Board’ committees.
● Collaborate with the Board to raise funds and sponsorships.
Public Relations: In coordination with the Board of Regents Chair and designated committee chairs, the applicant must:
● Serve as chief liaison and representative to the community, government officials, and other organizations.
● Oversee development, production, and coordination of all LPW marketing activities to ensure public awareness and partnership opportunities.
● Attend LPW and community events, ensuring appropriate representation of Leadership Prince William by all employees and/or volunteers.
Program Design: In coordination with staff and/or volunteers, the Executive Director must:
● Develop and implement curriculum for both the Signature Program for adults and the Summer Youth Academy.
● Oversee development and implementation of curriculum for the Emerging Leaders Program.
● Manage the annual class service project, via community partnerships or other approved opportunities.
Interested, qualified candidates should expect a 3–5-minute oral presentation as part of the interview process. The expected salary range is 80k-100k, which includes benefits. Send Resumes and References to: chair@leadershipprincewilliam.ORG