The 10-month Leadership Prince William Signature Program begins in September with an overnight retreat at Skyland Resort, then continues with monthly sessions from October through June. The sessions are held at locations throughout the Prince William area; each is designed to help you explore our community, increase awareness of critical issues and connect with other community leaders. You will be poised to assume an active, leading role in your organization, in your community, and in Leadership Prince William itself.
Each of us has someone in our contact list that is already serving our community and would benefit greatly from this program. Be a great friend and encourage them to look into Leadership Prince William.
'23-'24 Class Dates
August 23: Orientation at Prince William Chamber of Commerce (optional but encouraged)
September 28 & 29: Opening Retreat (mandatory, in-person)
Sessions: October 19, November 16, December 14, January 18, February 15, March 21, April 18, May 16 //
June 13: Closing Session (mandatory)
Attend an Info Session
In our info sessions, our Executive Director provides a brief presentation and answers questions about what to expect, how to apply for scholarships, and more. We will also be joined by several alumni offering their perspectives on the unique value of our Signature Program.
May 4th, Noon-1pm: NOVA, Woodbridge Campus
June 1st, 5:30-6:30pm: Out of the Blue restaurant, Gainesville
PLEASE NOTE: Attendance at one of these info sessions is not mandatory for the application.
You may apply any time at https://leadershipprincewilliam.org/adult-leadership/how-to-apply/.
Requirements for Participation
In order to be accepted in to the Leadership Prince William Signature Program, you must:
- Live or work in Prince William County/City of Manassas/City of Manassas Park for at least one year before your Opening Retreat;
- Be at least 25 years old;
- Be actively engaged and committed to progress in our community;
- Be able to cover the cost–both monetarily and through attendance (ask about our scholarship programs).
How will my participation in the Signature Program benefit me?
- Takes you outside the familiarity of your industry and organization;
- Grows your network;
- Helps you develop a deeper understanding of your strengths as a leader;
- Increases your understanding of how to best work with those around you–including loved ones;
- Presents you with eye-opening experiences for a better understanding of your community;
- Inspires & motivates you to serve;
- ….And boosts your confidence.
How will my participation in the Signature Program benefit my organization?
- Get outside your industry, organization & comfort zone
- Nurture up & coming leaders/ unique workforce development opportunity
- Growing your professional network
- Increased visibility
- Access to community leaders
- Access to information & a behind-the-scenes perspective
- Maximize community engagement
- BONUS: When more than one staff members has gone through.
– Jackie Krick,CEO of ECU Communications, Class of 2015
– Ramunda Young, Campus & Community Relations, Class of 2014
– Jason Hickman, Managing Partner at Compton & Duling, Class of 2011
– Douglas Shoop, Director of Operations and Maintenance, Prince William County Service Authority, Class of 2019
The price to participate for the entire 10-month program is $3,500. This includes your Emergenetics training, overnight accommodations for the Opening Retreat, transportation as needed, breakfast and lunch each day of your class year, and a one-year alumni membership upon graduation. Your investment equates to less than $35/hour for more than 100 hours of leadership development/enhancement, access to expert community stakeholders, an insider’s view of local issues and assets and a one-of-a-kind experience that results in a life-long network of colleagues.