Serve with the Class of 2022
Join the LPW Class of ’22 for a day of service and home improvements out at Carried to Full Term in Haymarket. This year our project is presented in partnership with Micron Technology.
WHEN: Saturday, 5.14.22, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
WHERE: Carried to Full Term (located at 6740 Fayette Street, Haymarket, VA 20169)
**Please Note: If you attempt to register as a volunteer and the event is full, please contact Andrea Money at firstname.lastname@example.org**
This project will provide updates to the resident house at Carried to Full Term where they provide life skills training, mentoring and housing for homeless pregnant women/new mothers and their children (for up to two years).
Through our day of service, we will gather together with members of the community and Micron employees to provide comfortable new furnishings in living areas, enhance privacy, and organize donations to make them more easily accessible. We will also make improvements to the yard, enhancing its functionality for family gatherings and bonding. While we work, the mothers (including alumni of the CFT program) will engage in workshops on careers, finance and vision-casting.
Will you join us? Help us show these young families how much we value them and the self-improvement journey they are on as they transition from homelessness to a thriving new life in our community.
How You Can Help:
- Donate funds for the project. Any amount will help. Use the “DONATE HERE” button above or mail your check (payable to Leadership Prince William) to Leadership Prince William at 9720 Capital Court, Suite 204; Manassas, VA 20110) by May 14, 2022.
- Donate materials needed to complete the project. Contact email@example.com for information on supplies.
- Share this page with friends & family in your network and ask them to help and share.
- Do you know someone who can provide materials or labor to complete our project? Connect us to them.
Leadership Prince William is a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) so your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent the law allows.
About Carried to Full Term:
Carried To Full Term (CTFT) is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization providing long-term housing to pregnant and homeless women. Their goal is to invest in stabilizing women and their families. They provide the tools, support, and resources to help women become independent and self-sufficient.
At CFT they understand the importance of housing as a basic need for the well-being and health of families. Without adequate housing, families have trouble managing their daily lives. Housing is essential to help families secure employment and stability. Families without income or enough money to cover essential needs such as food, health, or utilities, are most at risk for other crises. When housing needs are met, families can focus more on providing and caring for each other.
The women coming to CFT may have arrived at homelessness through loss of income, abuse, aging out of the foster care system, divorce and/or abandonment. Whatever circumstances a mother has experienced, it is likely to worsen the longer they are in homelessness.
Carried To Full Term is designed as a place of hope, renewal, and safety for women in crisis. They provide education continuation support, workforce preparation and development support, long-term housing, counseling, parenting, and postpartum support in an independent living environment. Change takes time so mothers and families can stay in the program for up to 24 months.
Visit their website to learn more: https://carriedtofullterm.org/
Special Thanks to our Sponsors to Date:
Need to Know Volunteer Info:
- Donuts & coffee will be provided in the morning along with lunch for all in the afternoon.
- We will attempt to provide plenty of bottled water, but strongly encourage you to bring your own.
- Children under the age of 12 will not be permitted to volunteer this year. Minors aged 12-17 will need to be under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- All participants will be asked to fill out a waiver. If you register multiple volunteers, each person will be asked to sign the waiver upon arrival on event day.
- Prior to event day, a member of our team will reach out with information on the project you will be working on, what to wear, where to park, what time to arrive, and anything you should be prepared to bring with you.
- If you have Qs prior to event day, please reach out to Andrea@LeadershipPrinceWilliam.org or call 703-853-0323.