Summer Academy Applications Open for 2017!
The Summer Youth Academy is a two-week program to help students develop lifelong leadership skills, connect with other young leaders and learn about their community.
- Field trips to local historic sites, the Public Safety Training Center, Micron Technology & much more!
- Explore possible education & career paths.
- Hands-on activities like a town hall meeting, personal budgeting and anti-bullying activities.
- Academy participants design and manage their own community service project.
- Learn about their individual leadership and communications style–and how to be a more effective team member–through STEP training.
Participants in the Youth Academy must be rising 6th through 9th graders. They must live or attend school in Prince William County, Manassas or Manassas Park. If you want more details, click here.
Leaders in Training must be rising 10th through 12 graders. They have an opportunity to attend the Academy, serve as role models for younger students, participate in field trips and learn their their STEP profile at no cost in exchange for assisting with Academy activities and supporting younger students at the Academy. To be a Leader in Training, click here to apply!
If you are interested in being a part of the 2017 Summer Youth Academy — July 10 to 21, 2017 — complete the form below to apply. We will respond as quickly as possible to let you know if you/your student has been accepted.